Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
we had this for a quick dinner served with pasta.very quick and easy
- 4 veal chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1 lb cremini mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 dash nutmeg
- heat oil in skillet, add chops, season and saute about 5 mins per side until cooked through.
- remove to plate and keep warm.
- toss mushrooms in flour, add to pan.
- add chicken stock cook a few minutes until thickened.
- add cream, nutmeg and salt& pepper to taste.
- spoon sauce over chops, serve.
WHOOOOOeee great recipe -easy and so good - I was lucky to find some lovely veal chops. Could not find cremini mushrooms so I used Portobello mushrooms sliced in apprx 1/2" slices. Absolutely great, The touch of nutmeg is important. Thanks Chai for a great easy tasty recipe!
Oh Boy Chia!! I seem to be making more and more of your recipes, you have some great ones, as is this one! Fairly simple and such tastey results. I hunted and just could not find veal chops for this, so I used some beautiful Lamb chops, nice thick ones, because I used lamb I did not use the tarragon and nutmeg, I used some lamb spices. A mix of rosemary, garlic,margoram,thyme, oragano, mint and sweet basil. I thought the lamb needed something stronger. I will be looking for some veal chops to make this as instructed. In any case the mushroom sauce was outstanding!! This recipe is definately going into my hard copy, thanks for sharing.
Delicious recipe!! My husband really enjoyed it! I used veal cutlets and veal chops but found that the recipe worked better with the cutlets. The sauce was fantastic as well. I did not have heavy cream so I just left it out. Thanks for sharing!