Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delightful company dish that I sometimes modify for everyday by using a veal steak & Pam flavored olive oil. This reduces both the cost and the fat (calories). I usually serve with garlic roasted mashed potatoes.
- 4 veal chops, cut 1 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup drained canned diced tomato
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 green pepper, cut into rings
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- Season& Brown chops in olive oil with onions.
- Add sliced carrots, dry sherry, diced tomatoes.
- Cover& simmer 1 hour.
- Saute sliced mushrooms and green pepper in butter until tender.
- Add to chops with parsley just before serving.
I found some veal chops on sale and this was a great recipe to use them in. We had this with rotoni. Very inteesting and good way to make veal chops. Thanks for sharing!