This is real a show stopper. For that special person in your life. Yes expensive but so good. A hearty meal. A very rich sauce topped with tender veal chops, then piled high with sundried tomatoes, roasted peppers, Portabella mushrooms, then finally topped with melted cheese. Serve as is or with a crisp green salad and a side of mashed potatoes or my favorite angel hair with garlic and olive oil. Isn't your mouth watering?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 veal chops, 1 1/2 inches thick trimmed and rubbed with
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 -4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup port wine
- 1/4 cream
- 2 portabella mushrooms
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, sliced into slivers
- 1 roasted sweet red pepper, cut in half (jar is fine)
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese, thick
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat oil in pan and brown both sides of veal om high heat 1 minutes each side. Remove the stems and dice, remove gills and discarded from the mushrooms.
- 2Remove veal from pan lower heat and add Thyme, butter, onions, garlic and mushroom stems saute till onions are translucent. Adding oil if needed.
- 3Add port wine and cream to onion mixture mix through.
- 4In a casserole pan lay onion mixture on bottom, top with veal chops (side by side) then lay on sliced tomato, pepper, portabella (That has been rubbed with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper) and cheese on each veal chop.
- 5Bake in 350 oven for 30 minutes covered with foil so not to touch the cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal Chops topped with Yum!
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.6
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 68.6 mg
- Sodium 323.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: