Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great with rice or orzo, crusty bread and a big earthy red wine.
Make and share this Veal Chops Portuguesa recipe from Food.com.
- Season Chops with salt and pepper.
- Get a heavy frying pan hot, add oil.
- When oil is hot add chops Cook chops 3 minutes on each side to get caramelized.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 20 minutes.
- Turn chops during cooking and baste with juices in pan.
- Transfer chops to a serving platter and keep warm in the oven.
- Add tomato sauce, wine, lemon zest and garlic to pan, scraping up brown bits on bottom of pan.
- Cook until slightly thickened.
- Pour over chops.
- Sprinkle with parsley and freshly ground pepper.
Outstanding! The veal chops were tender and delicious - restaurant quality. I use less oil, extra garlic, and garnished with fresh chives instead of parsley. My sides were a brown rice/orzo blend and a green bean/feta salad.
The sauce was FANTASTIC. The veal chops, so,so. I will keep the sauce portion of the recipe to use with chicken. I would rate the sauce portion a 5 Star.
I used a little more garlic. Great Dish