1/1 Photo of Veal Chops Italiano
Tom Sullivan's Note:
I kind of threw this together last night when I had a couple of veal chops on hand, but none of my usual accompaniments. It turned out much better than I'd hoped and I'll definitely try it again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 veal chops (Loin or Rib)
- 1 large shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (preferably with garlic and basil)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme or 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1If using dried thyme, rub it between your palms for a few seconds to release the oils and crush it to a course powder.
- 2Sprinkle the chops with the thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
- 3In a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, brown the chops on both sides using 2T of the oil.
- 4Remove the chops to a plate and add the shallots, garlic and crushed red pepper to the pan with another 1T of oil.
- 5When the garlic and shallots soften and start to brown, add the wine and boil until reduced by half, then add the tomatoes and their juices.
- 6As soon as the tomatoes start to boil, add the chops back to the pan, reduce the heat to medium and cover for about 10 minutes or so, just until the chops are about medium rare (or to taste).
- 7Remove the chops to a serving platter and add the butter and half of the parsley to the pan, swirling until the butter just melts and the sauce starts to thicken.
- 8Spoon the sauce over the chops, then drizzle the remaining 1T of olive oil over and sprinkle with the remaining parsley.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal Chops Italiano
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.7
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 10.0 mg
- Sodium 462.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: