Prep 7 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is so tasty, serve it with simple side dishes, like rice, or salads with simple vinaigrettes. This is always great for a dinner party
- 6 (6 ounce) veal chops
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half, divided
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- Sprinkle veal chops with salt and pepper; dredge chops in 1/2 cup flour.
- Heat oil in lg. skillet over medium-high heat. Brown veal chops 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Cover and cook 3 to 5 more minutes or until chops are done.Remove chops from skillet, and keep warm, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Add onion to skillet, and saute 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; saute 5 minutes or until tender. Add 1 tablespoon flour, stirring constantly. Gradually add 1/2 cup half and half, bring mixture to a boil. Stir in cognac. Combine egg yolks and remaining 1/2 cup half and half; gradually add to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly 4 to 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Spoon over veal chops.
This was fantastic!!! Thank you for posting.