Recipe by Sage
Wonderful recipe I found in my Cordon Bleu Cookbook. I admit I took a few shortcuts but it still comes our spectacular.
- 6 veal scallopini
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb cremini mushroom, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 (34 g) packageknorr demi glace gravy mix
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound the scaloppine a bit to tenderize the meat.
- Heat oil and butter medium high.
- Mix together flour salt and pepper.
- Lightly flour the meat.
- Add the scaloppine; sauté until a bit brown on both sides and almost cooked.
- Remove from pan; set aside.
- Add shallots and garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; cook another 3 minutes.
- Deglaze by slowly whisking in red wine; add chicken broth, Demi Glace and finally tomato paste.
- Taste to adjust salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve; heat sauce and add the veal scaloppine.
- Serve with rice pilaf or a bed of noodle.
- This dish can be prepared ahead and finished off just before serving.