Recipe by PattyO
This is a my favorite pasta which is quick and easy to make. I am posting the quick version which uses a regular pasta sauce(I "do not" suggest Ragu or Prego)
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
My fiance and I made this for dinner the other night. We were so pleased with how good it was, despite the VERY EASY preparation. Even though it is for 4 servings, we polished off the whole bit ourselves, we enjoyed it that much. I used an 18 ounce jar of Trader Joe's (Giotto's) Traditional Marinara sauce. My fiance suggests adding a dash of red pepper flakes to give it a little extra zip. We will definitely be making this again. Thanks for posting.
- 1 lb veal, sliced thin into small pieces
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons of fresh minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) jar marinara sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water for pasta. Cook pasta for 5-8 minutes (until desired tenderness), drain and set aside.
- Cut onion and pepper into 1-2 inch thin slices. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil in pan. Saute onions and peppers until browned. Add rest of olive oil and veal slices, saute until veal is cooked through. Drain.
- Heat marinara sauce on medium heat in a medium sauce pan. Add veal, onions and peppers into sauce and continue to heat. Add basil, garlic, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper to sauce and heat while stirring until hot.
- Top angel hair pasta with veal sauce and enjoy.