Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
There is a reason for visiting my mother on a Sunday. Apart from the good family get together, these delightful treats are worth the visit. The Italian name for these bundles is involtini. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
- 4 pieces veal
- 90 g mozzarella cheese
- 60 g prosciutto
- 1⁄2 cup Italian parsley
- 30 g parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper
- plain flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- Pound the veal until thin.
- Chop mozzarella, prosciutto slices and parsley together on a board and combine in a bowl with the grated parmesan.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 4 veal scollops. Form a sausage shape along a short edge. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the veal scollops up enclosing the filling securely. Tie into neat bundles with kitchen string.
- Roll the bundles in the flour and shake off excess.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based saute pan. Add the bundles and cook until golden brown on all sides.
- Season lightly, add the dry white wine to the pan and cook gently for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time until the sauce thickens.
- Transfer bundles to a heated serving plate, remove the string and serve with a spoonful of the sauce over each bundle.
this was very good with some slight changes...not because I thought it needed it....but because I was looking for something specific. We had recently eaten out at an Italian restaurant and my husband had an amazing dish of veal bundles stuffed with mozzarella and prosciutto in a mushroom wine gravy. These were the closest thing I found to it. So I made this recipe up to the point of adding the white wine, and instead substituted a mushroom gravy (which does have white wine in it already) to recreate what I was looking for.