Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious, tender meat dish from the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Cut veal into 3 x 4" strips.
- Combine bread crumbs, onion, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Spread veal with bread crumb mixture, roll and fasten with toothpicks.
- Melt butter or drippings in a skillet, add meat and brown on all sides.
- Place in a casserole.
- Add water to the skillet and bring to a boil, scraping the brown bits from the bottom.
- Pour over meat and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Mix flour with cream and pour over meat; continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove toothpicks prior to serving.