- 16 ounces lean veal steak
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 slices lean bacon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons canola oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, with stalks sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Pound veal steaks.
- Saute onion and bacon in skillet with oil. Add veal and saute lightly.
- Place veal mixture in a casserole dish. Add mushrooms, paprika, oregano and black pepper.
- Blend cornflour with a little water and add to wine. Pour over veal. Cover and bake in moderate oven for 40 minutes.