Recipe by Elly in Canada
A great tasting burger stuffed with gorgonzola and topped with sautéed onions, best served in a focaccia bun or bread. From Homemaker's magazine.
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons crushed tomatoes, I used canned ground tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb ground veal
- 4 ounces gorgonzola
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 1 large white onion, sliced into rings
- 1⁄4 cup dry white vermouth or 1⁄4 cup wine
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautéed onions:.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a skillet, fry sage leaves until fragrant, about 20 seconds.
- Add onion, sauté until golden, stirring occasionally, it will take about 20 minutes, lower heat if necessary.
- Pour in vermouth and salt, cook until liquid is evaporated, 2 or 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat together egg, garlic, parsley, tomatoes, salt and pepper, mix in veal.
- Shape into 4 balls, press 1/4 of the cheese into the centre of each ball, seal well and flatten into a patty.
- Pan-fry or grill over medium heat, turning once, until no longer pink inside, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with sautéed onions and enjoy!