Recipe by The Flying Chef
This meal is quick to make and very light and healthy, makes for a great summertime dinner that you can have on the table in 30 Min's, so a great after work recipe. I used veal scallops and did 4 per person, about 200g in weight for each person. I know this cut can be quite expensive so feel free to make this with veal cutlets of similar weight, taste just as good but kinder on the wallet. I used the scallops, as hubby had just come home from a business trip and wanted a light meal as he is never to hungry after a long flight, but I also wanted something a little more special hence the cut.
- 800 g veal scallops, I allow for 4 scallops per person
- 16 basil leaves
- 16 slices prosciutto
- 650 -700 g asparagus spears, trimmed (thin stalked)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Top each scallop with a basil leaf and wrap prosciutto around each.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, cook veal about 3-4 Minutes a side or until cooked through.
- Boil, steam or microwave asparagus until tender.
- Basil Mayonnaise.
- Combine mayo and lemon juice in a bowl, mix well, stir in chopped basil.
- To Serve: Arrange asparagus on a plate top with veal and dollop mayo on each.