Recipe by joan in CNY
Other than the Veal I had in restaurants in Italy, this has to be the best I have ever had.
- 1 -2 loin veal chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- At least 4 hours before cooking, coat chop(s) in flour, then in egg, thoroughly coating, and then in breadcrumbs.
- Place on a plate, covered for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook heat 2 tablespoons margarine over medium heat and add chop(s).
- Cook for 20 minutes, turn and cook for 10 minutes more.
- In the meantime, heat a serving dish.
- When meat is done put in heated dish and keep warm.
- Raise heat and add additional margarine.
- When melted add wine and lemon juice.
- Cook and stir until reduced by 1/2.
- Pour over chop(s) and serve immediately.