Cook2 hrs 30 mins
Hollanders like plain, substantial food and lots of it. This method is perfect for less expensive cuts of meat. This savory pork recipe comes from the Michigan Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Season meat and sprinkle with flour.
- Fry onions in fat until golden.
- Add meat; brown on all sides.
- Add water and bay leaf; cover and simmer about 2 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Thicken gravy with remaining flour mixed with a little water.
Look at that baby! I've deceived my husband....and you're thinking what in the heck has this nutty head done now and I might not like her after this. Well, I used wild boar (which he claims he doesn't like) and he didn't even know the difference. He declared it DELICIOUS!