1/1 Photo of Varkenvleesch - Pork Pot Roast
2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Hollanders like plain, substantial food and lots of it. This method is perfect for less expensive cuts of meat. This savory pork recipe comes from the Michigan Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season meat and sprinkle with flour.
- 2Fry onions in fat until golden.
- 3Add meat; brown on all sides.
- 4Add water and bay leaf; cover and simmer about 2 1/2 hours or until tender.
- 5Thicken gravy with remaining flour mixed with a little water.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Varkenvleesch - Pork Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.9
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 158.8 mg
- Sodium 135.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 50.8 g