Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Real Simple (August 2005). Start with the classic recipe, then try any of the variations for that extra zip!
- 1 1⁄2 cups lemon juice, freshly squeezed (from about 12 lemons)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 cups water, divided
- lemon slice, to garnish
- 2 (6 ounce) cans pineapple juice
- 1 (12 ounce) can apricot nectar
- 2 (12 ounce) cans ginger ale
- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh strawberries, stemmed and pureed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 inches fresh gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 2 (12 ounce) cans club soda
- Place lemon juice, sugar, and 1 cup water in a large pitcher.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves, then add 5 more cups water, a few slices of lemon to garnish, and plenty of ice.
- Before you sip, try any of the variations.
I made a half batch of the classic and it was too watery and not sweet enough for my taste. I had planned on making it into the tropical version anyway so added half of each of those ingredients as well (but only had 5.5 oz apricot nectar, not 6oz). Still not sweet enough so added another 1/4 cup sugar and quite enjoyed it at that point. Thanks for sharing!
This is a good lemonade recipe but a little too tart for me. I had to add 2 more T of sugar to make it the right amount of sweetness. Made for PAC Spring 2008