From Real Simple (August 2005). Start with the classic recipe, then try any of the variations for that extra zip!
- 1 1⁄2 cups lemon juice, freshly squeezed (from about 12 lemons)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 cups water, divided
- lemon slice, to garnish
- 2 (6 ounce) cans pineapple juice
- 1 (12 ounce) can apricot nectar
- 2 (12 ounce) cans ginger ale
- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh strawberries, stemmed and pureed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 inches fresh gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 2 (12 ounce) cans club soda
- Place lemon juice, sugar, and 1 cup water in a large pitcher.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves, then add 5 more cups water, a few slices of lemon to garnish, and plenty of ice.
- Before you sip, try any of the variations.