Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Peanut butter cookies that can be altered in the following ways: Rainbow cookies/stir in one cup m&m's. Peanut butter treasures/ shape into 1 1/2 inch balls. Roll in chopped nuts. Press center with teaspoon and bake for 6-7 minutes. Add mini peanut butter cup into center.
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- combine crisco, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla.
- beat at medium speed until well blended.
- add egg.
- Mix well.
- combine flour, salt, and baking soda.
- add to creamed mix and mix well.
- roll into balls an slightly flatten with fork.
- bake at 375 degrees for 7-8 minutes.