Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this recipe up based on my Piled up Potatoes using what I had on hand for a main meal. I added in vegemite to give a more beefy flavour but you could leave it out or use a teaspoon of dry beef stock powder. You could also fry the mushrooms first instead of using raw if you prefer. I found it went well with Lemony Garlic Beans (Microwave) by Mandy from Oz.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 500 g lean ground beef (lean mince)
- 1 teaspoon vegemite
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 cup mushroom (thinly sliced)
- 1 large tomatoes
- 1 spring onion (optional)
- 1 cup edam cheese (grated)
- Peel and cook the potatoes in lightly salted water until just just tender, or leave skins on, prick and microwave til tender.
- When cooked slice the potatoes into a lightly sprayed with oil, flan or quiche dish.
- In a lightly sprayed non stick frypan saute the onion and mince breaking up any large clumps.
- Stir in the vegemite and continue cooking until lightly browned. The mixture should be crumbly and without liquid. (known as dry frying).
- Spread the sour cream over the potatoes and top with the mince mixture.
- Spread over this the sliced mushrooms.
- Top with sliced tomato and spring onion if using.
- Finally top with the grated cheese.
- Place in oven and grill for about 10 mins or until cheese has melted and is bubbly and golden.
- Serve with a green vegetable for a complete meal.