Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is from Madagascar
- 4 lbs boneless beef chuck roast, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 quart water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced finely
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- Combine all ingredients in a 4 Qt Sauce Pan.
- Cover and bring to a boil; simmer gently for 2 hours or until meat can be shredded with a fork.
- Add water if necessary to keep meat at simmering point.
- Shred the meat by cutting it into thin strips. Meat should come apart easily.
- Transfer the shredded meat and sauce to a greased 9 x 12-inch baking pan (oven-proof).
- Roast at 400' for 30 minutes until it is nicely browned across the top.
- Garnish with 3 or 4 PARSLEY SPRIGS and bring to the table on a trivet.
- Serve with white rice.