Recipe by PaulaG
Summer is grilling time! Another delicious recipe from Cuisine at Home.
Top Review by The Flying Chef
Fabulous!!! This is so simple to make and the end result is so flavoursome.. We all loved this one.. I followed the recipe exactly, apart from putting the relish inside large mushrooms and then placed the goats cheese on that and finally topped the steaks with it. I loved the spiced rub mix, it was such a great addition to the meat.. All the flavours came together so well in this dish and it was totally delicious and oh so moreish.. Thanks Paula
- 14.78 ml brown sugar
- 7.39 ml ground paprika
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 7.39 ml dried oregano
- 7.39 ml black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 453.59 g tri-tip steak (3/4 inch thick) or 453.59 g sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick)
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 2.46 ml Dijon mustard
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced
- 59.14 ml green onion, sliced
- 59.14 ml goat cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- About 30 minutes before grilling, prepare the rub from the steaks and set aside 1/4 teaspoon of the mixture for the pepper relish.
- Rub the remaining rub into the meat and allow to sit at room temperature.
- Prepare the relish by whisking together the vinegar, Dijon mustard sugar and reserved rub mixture.
- Drizzle in the oil, whisking constantly to blend; add the bell peppers and green onions tossing to blend.
- Preheat the grill to high and grill steaks on both sides until cooked to desired doneness, 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare.
- Remove the meat from the grill and allow to rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing; slice and serve topped with the relish and sprinkled with the goat cheese.