Prep 45 mins
Cook 8 mins
Summer is grilling time! Another delicious recipe from Cuisine at Home.
- 14.78 ml brown sugar
- 7.39 ml ground paprika
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 7.39 ml dried oregano
- 7.39 ml black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 453.59 g tri-tip steak (3/4 inch thick) or 453.59 g sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick)
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 2.46 ml Dijon mustard
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced
- 59.14 ml green onion, sliced
- 59.14 ml goat cheese, crumbled
- About 30 minutes before grilling, prepare the rub from the steaks and set aside 1/4 teaspoon of the mixture for the pepper relish.
- Rub the remaining rub into the meat and allow to sit at room temperature.
- Prepare the relish by whisking together the vinegar, Dijon mustard sugar and reserved rub mixture.
- Drizzle in the oil, whisking constantly to blend; add the bell peppers and green onions tossing to blend.
- Preheat the grill to high and grill steaks on both sides until cooked to desired doneness, 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare.
- Remove the meat from the grill and allow to rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing; slice and serve topped with the relish and sprinkled with the goat cheese.
Fabulous!!! This is so simple to make and the end result is so flavoursome.. We all loved this one.. I followed the recipe exactly, apart from putting the relish inside large mushrooms and then placed the goats cheese on that and finally topped the steaks with it. I loved the spiced rub mix, it was such a great addition to the meat.. All the flavours came together so well in this dish and it was totally delicious and oh so moreish.. Thanks Paula
Hi Paula G, these steaks were awesome! Enjoyed the creaminess of the cheese in the relish! We ate to our hearts contnet - really delicious! ;) Also, served with Chimichurri Bread out of a baguette! Found the recipe in CuisineAtHome Magazine, August 2008 edition. Paula G, thanks so much for sharing - Diane :)
This is such an awesome recipe! I used green and red bell peppers for the relish, roasting them in the oven myself. The relish went together with the spice on the steaks perfectly, and the goat cheese got nice and melt-y and yummy!! We have never had anything quite like this on a steak and we both just loved it! The flavours really blended well, and it was a snap to throw together. Thanks for posting this Paula! Made for Aussie Swap :)