Summer is grilling time! Another delicious recipe from Cuisine at Home.
Make and share this Vaquero Steaks With Pepper Relish and Goat Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 lb tri-tip steak (3/4 inch thick) or 1 lb sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- About 30 minutes before grilling, prepare the rub from the steaks and set aside 1/4 teaspoon of the mixture for the pepper relish.
- Rub the remaining rub into the meat and allow to sit at room temperature.
- Prepare the relish by whisking together the vinegar, Dijon mustard sugar and reserved rub mixture.
- Drizzle in the oil, whisking constantly to blend; add the bell peppers and green onions tossing to blend.
- Preheat the grill to high and grill steaks on both sides until cooked to desired doneness, 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare.
- Remove the meat from the grill and allow to rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing; slice and serve topped with the relish and sprinkled with the goat cheese.