Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe looks so simple and comes from Philadelphia (cream cheese). Just 3 ingredients and healthy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled, diced (russet or idaho)
- 1⁄3 cup light chive & onion cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- In a large saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling water for about 20 minutes (or your own way), until tender. Drain potatoes and put back in the saucepan.
- Add cream cheese. Mash until light and vaporous.
This made for a nice mash potato side, for the cheese I used a low fat cream cheese which I added some garlic chives from the herb garden, as the DH was mashing he refused to put the full quantity in but I think I would have preferred if it had gone in so when making again when he is on night shift I will make sure it does go in. Thank you Boomette, made for Went to Market tag game.
Simple, easy and oh so yummy delish!!!! Made these to accompany Smothered Chicken. What a great supper for DH. :-)
These taters are really yummy! They have a wonderful fluffy texture and a nice simple taste. I loved how easy these were to make and how good for you, too while still being tasty! :) I think next time I might add in a tad more cream cheese and some more chives and garlic for even more flavour. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your recipe with us, Boomie! Made and reviewed for Everyday Is A Holiday Tag Game June 2010.