Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
For lung congestion a salve or a massage oil containing essential oils can be rubbed over the chest, back and throat. The oils will be absorbed through the skin and lungs as the vapor is inhaled. Place a flannel fabric on the chest after rubbing in the oil to increase warmth. (Use only essential oils and never undiluted.)
- 3 teaspoons peppermint oil
- 3 teaspoons eucalyptus essential oils
- 1 teaspoon thyme essential oil
- 1 cup olive oil
- Warm olive oil over very low heat. Cool a bit, add essential oils, and stir.
- (Be sure to keep your face away from the oils as you stir them in.)
- Allow hardening.
- Store at room temperature.