Recipe by Vannisa R.
My mom used to make these when I was growing up. They were one of my favorite dishes. And being southern, we love our bacon. It isn't a healthy dish but it sure is tasty!
- 6 ounces sliced bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb new potato, skin on, boiled
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup vidalia onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Add cooking oil to a large skillet. Heat the pan on medium heat for 2 minutes then add the bacon pieces. Fry bacon until it starts to get crispy around the edges then add the chopped onion. Fry until onions are tender and golden. Remove from pan. Do not drain the pan.
- Add butter to skillet and melt completely. Next, add the boiled new potatoes. Fry potatoes until they are golden and crispy on the outside. Return bacon and onions to pan with the potatoes and cook for about two minutes more.
- Remove potatoes, bacon and onions to a paper towel lined platter. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Can be eaten with ranch dip on the side. Makes a great appetizer or side dish.