Recipe by Vannisa R.
A BLT sandwich with a cream cheese and chive spread instead of mayonnaise. I serve them with strawberries on the side for a change from the same old routine. I really like this sandwich. I only make it on special occasions, though.
- 1 lb smoked bacon, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 buns or 8 kaiser rolls, split open
Directions See How It's Made
- Add olive oil to frying pan and coat bottom of pan evenly. Add bacon slices, salt and pepper to taste and fry to desired doneness.
- While bacon is frying prepare the cream cheese spread. In a small bowl add the cream cheese and chives. Mix well.
- Slice tomatoes and tear lettuce to desired sized pieces.
- When bacon is done frying to your likeness, remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Assemble sandwiches when bacon has cooled enough to eat. Use the cream cheese spread on the top and bottom of both buns, then add the lettuce and tomatoes. Enjoy!