Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My friend Vanita submitted this to our church cookbook. Very easy.
Make and share this Vanita's Mexican Chicken Breast recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Line bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Put raw chicken breast on top of tortilla chips.
- Mix soups, milk,taco seasoning, and chilies.
- Pour over chicken in pan.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese on top of soup mixture.
- Bake at 350* for 40-50 minutes.
Very nice flavor! I lightened it up a bit by using 2% milk reduced fat cheese and corn tortillas instead of tortilla chips. I figured once the chips soaked up the sauce, the crunch would be gone anyway :-) Instead of serving the breasts whole, I cubed them before cooking. The flavor of the chilis, taco seasoning, cheese, and milk is a very nice blend. I topped it with a little light sour cream too.
This was very very good! Will be trying it again for our once a month church potluck. GREAT recipe!
Made this for the Taste of Yellow Live Strong Event. It was very good and I will be making it again. I liked how the chips soaked up some of the sauce. The sauce was yummy, with just enough spice to keep it from being bland. Thanks for posting!