Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very yummy cream puffs. I have made these for family get-togethers and get pestered for the recipe every time. For step 6, I don't cut them in half. I inject the pudding into the puffs with this tool i have to make sausage links.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) boxinstant pudding (Vanilla, Banana, Chocolate, ect.)
- Boil water and butter in medium size saucepan. While heating, sift together flout, salt, and cornstarch.
- Add flour mix to boiling water all at once; stirring quickly and constantly with a wooden spoon until a ball forms around the spoon. Remove from saucepan.
- Add eggs 1 at a time to form a smooth, stiff, glossy dough.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets 2" apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Cut puffs in half horizontally. Fill bottom half with 1 tbl. pudding and put top back on.
- Dust with confectioners sugar.