Oatmeal raisin cookie recipe from the Quaker Oats box. Bar cookie variation included.
Make and share this Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Quicker Quaker Oats or 3 cups Old-Fashioned Quaker oats, uncooked
- 1 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat together margarine and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Stir in oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
- Makes about 4 dozen.
- Bar Cookies: Bake 30 to 35 minutes in ungreased 13x9-inch metal baking pan.