Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
yummy oatmeal cookies
- 1⁄2 cup Libby's canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Quaker Oats
- Beat together margarine and sugars until creamy.
- Add egg, egg whites and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet: remove to wire rack.
I am sorry to say but this recipe didnt really work well for me. In step 1 of the directions it states beat together margarine and sugars, there is no margarine in the ingredient list so I assume this meant the pumpkin and applesauce. Step 2, add egg and egg whites but neither one of these are on the ingredient list so I assumed it meant the egg substitute. There is also no step that includes adding the oatmeal so I added this with step #3. The batter was a bit stiff and hard to work with. I wont leave a star rating right now and try to make this cookies again later.