This recipe is a bit different from the traditional German Vanillekipferl recipe as it uses ground hazelnuts in place of almonds and has the vanilla sugar in the dough so that you dont need to roll the fragile cookies in the sugar. I hope youll enjoy these as much as we do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a big bowl combine all of the ingredients in the order given except for the sugar for sprinkling. Knead into a soft dough.
- 2Take small portions of dough and roll them into a small log about the size of your pinkie. Form into crescents.
- 3Place on a paper lined baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for about 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- 4Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the 2 tbs of sugar immediately.
- 5Allow to cool on the sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 6These will keep for about 2 weeks in cookie tins, but they are best eaten the day after baking.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanillekipferl With Hazelnuts
Serving Size: 1 (689 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.4
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 26.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: