Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is a bit different from the traditional German Vanillekipferl recipe as it uses ground hazelnuts in place of almonds and has the vanilla sugar in the dough so that you dont need to roll the fragile cookies in the sugar. I hope youll enjoy these as much as we do!
- In a big bowl combine all of the ingredients in the order given except for the sugar for sprinkling. Knead into a soft dough.
- Take small portions of dough and roll them into a small log about the size of your pinkie. Form into crescents.
- Place on a paper lined baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for about 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the 2 tbs of sugar immediately.
- Allow to cool on the sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- These will keep for about 2 weeks in cookie tins, but they are best eaten the day after baking.