1/1 Photo of Vanillekipferl
A trick for making vanilla icing sugar is to place of couple of vanilla bean pods in a jar with icing sugar and a couple of weeks later the icing sugar will be well sented with vanilla.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 160C.
- 2Sieve the flour into a large bowl.
- 3Cut the cold butter into small pieces and rub into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add icing sugar, hazelnuts and the egg.
- 4To cool your hands plunge into cold water and quickly knead mixture into a dough. Chill for half an hour.
- 5Take a portion of dough and roll into sausages about 3cm in diametre then cut into 1cm wide discs. Then roll this into another sausage shape and form into a crescent. Place on lined biscuit tray and continue with the rest of the dough.
- 6Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until very light gold in colour.
- 7While they are baking mix the icing sugar and the vanilla sugar. Soon as the biscuits come out of the oven roll them in the icing sugar mix. Cool on rack.
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanillekipferl
Serving Size: 1 (640 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.6
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 16.8 mg
- Sodium 38.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: