12 hrs 20 mins
princess buttercup's Note:
I am submitting this as a recipe assuming you have made yogurt, have a yogurt maker or: there are several recipes here at 'Zaar describing "how to make" Yogurt. This makes a mild, smooth vanilla yogurt great plain, with fruit, cereals or grains. (time does not include chilling time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set 1/2 yogurt starter out to warm to room temperature.
- 2Heat the milk to almost a boil.(I like to microwave in a glass bowl for 5 minutes on high then 2 minutes on medium). Cool the milk (to a "barely warm"/ babies bath temperature) (cool water bath works well). Add dry milk, vanilla and sweetener of your choice; stir well.
- 3Stir in yogurt starter (do not whip but mix very well!).
- 4"Cook" the yogurt using your preferred method and time (longer makes a firmer, more tart yogurt. I like to cook about 12 hours). Chill 4 hours before eating.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Yogurt (Homemade)
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.7
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 33.1 mg
- Sodium 119.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: