Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Mildly sweet. Not too many sugar grams and not bitter.
- 7 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup powdered milk
- 1⁄2 cup commercial plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together milk, sugar and powdered milk in large sauce pan and bring to boiling.
- Remove from heat and let cool to 100 degrees.
- When cooled to 100 degrees, mix the vanilla and yogurt to getter with 1/2 cup of cooled milk. Then add to cooled milk.
- Pour the mixture into containers of yogurt maker or place in water bath of 100 degree water. Cover and let set for 3 to 8 hours.
- I place a 9X13 pan on a heating pad and pour warm water around the containers. I often make this at night and leave until morning.