1/1 Photo of Vanilla Walnuts
Maybe Mirjam doesn't know it, but she got me hooked on spiced nuts! :) This one is from 'Simply Classic-The Junior League of Seattle'.
My Private Note
lb of n ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Bring a large pan of water to a boil.
- 3Blanch walnuts 1 minute.
- 4Drain well.
- 5Transfer to a bowl.
- 6Blend corn oil with vanilla extract.
- 7Pour over hot nuts.
- 8Sprinkle in sugar and toss to mix well.
- 9Let stand 10 minutes.
- 10Arrange nuts on rimmed baking tray.
- 11Bake 30 to 35 minutes until nuts are light brown and crispy.
- 12Stir nuts a few times during baking.
- 13Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- 14When nuts are done baking, transfer to a large bowl while still hot.
- 15Toss with seasoning mixture.
- 16Return to baking sheet and spread in a single layer to cool.
- 17Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (553 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3394.5
- Calories from Fat 2791
- Total Fat 310.1 g
- Saturated Fat 29.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 593.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 132.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 31.2 g
- Sugars 80.1 g
- Protein 69.3 g