Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This pie is a novel take on two tried and true holiday desserts: pecan pie and cheesecake. A layer of smooth cream cheese is a perfect complement to the walnuts' satisfyingly sweet, nutty crunch.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs, divided
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups walnut pieces, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F Prepare crust as directed on package for one-crust pie using 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Beat cream cheese, 1 of the eggs, 1/4 cup of the sugar and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended and smooth. Spread evenly on bottom of crust. Bake 15 minutes.
- Beat remaining 2 eggs and 1/2 cup sugar with wire whisk in large bowl until very smooth. Add corn syrup, butter, remaining 3 teaspoons vanilla and salt; stir until well blended. Sprinkle walnuts evenly over baked cream cheese layer. Slowly pour corn syrup mixture over nuts.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until just set in center. Cool completely on wire rack.