Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a lovely addition to Holiday candy boxes. It's easy and very good!
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- 8 ounces vanilla candy coating, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Butter a 9x9 square dish.
- In med saucepan, mix sugar, butter and milk.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add marshmallow creme and vanilla candy coating; stir until smooth.
- Add walnuts and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour into dish.
I knew I shouldn't have made this! My intentions were to get a head start on snacks for Sunday night church, but this stuff is so good, I'm not entirely sure it will last that long! Good thing it is so simple to make. I subbed 7 oz regular marshmallows for the creme (that's what I had) and pecans for walnuts (our preference) and I made my own evap milk (Evaporated Milk by Elaine M), which was also awesome! Thanks for a successful recipe, this will be going into my permanent file!