Prep 4 hrs 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Country Magazine Christmas edition with recipes. A great choice for holiday gifts, cookie trays or just because! Needs 4 hour refrigeration at least..
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk (save the whites for later in the recipe), sour cream and vanilla; add to crumb mixture and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- Divide dough into thirds. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 10 inch circle.
- Combine the walnuts, sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 1/4 cup over each circle. Cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- Roll up each wedge from the wide end and place point side down on greased baking pan at least 1 inch apart. Curve the ends to form crescents.
- Whisk saved egg white until foamy; brush over crescents.
- Sprinkle with remaining nut mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight container.