5 hrs 30 mins
4 hrs 30 mins
From Country Magazine Christmas edition with recipes. A great choice for holiday gifts, cookie trays or just because! Needs 4 hour refrigeration at least..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk (save the whites for later in the recipe), sour cream and vanilla; add to crumb mixture and mix well.
- 3Cover and refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- 4Divide dough into thirds. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 10 inch circle.
- 5Combine the walnuts, sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 1/4 cup over each circle. Cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- 6Roll up each wedge from the wide end and place point side down on greased baking pan at least 1 inch apart. Curve the ends to form crescents.
- 7Whisk saved egg white until foamy; brush over crescents.
- 8Sprinkle with remaining nut mixture.
- 9Bake at 350F for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 10Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Walnut Crescent Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.5
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.9 mg
- Sodium 58.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 1.3 g