1/1 Photo of Vanilla Wafers
3 hrs 10 mins
2 hrs 45 mins
I don't know why these cookies are so delicious. They don't have any exciting ingredients, just a lot of butter. The recipe comes from my Williams and Sonoma "Essentials of Baking" cookbook. I don't typically like "dry" or "sandy" cookies, but in this case, I can't keep my hands off them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a stand mixer, combine the butter, sugar, and salt. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- 2Add the egg yolks and vanilla and beat on low speed until blended.
- 3Add the flour and mix until incorporated and a smooth dough forms.
- 4Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Roll each portion into a log 7 inches long and about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap the logs in plastic and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 5Position a rack in the middle of the oven, and preheat to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 6Using a sharp knife, cut each unwrapped log crosswise into slices 1/4 inch thick. Place the cookies 1 inch apart on the baking sheets.
- 7Bake 12-15 minutes until the edges and bottoms are golden. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Wafers
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.7
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 57.1 mg
- Sodium 41.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g