Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- To make the dough with an electric mixer, in the mixer bowl, combine the butter, sugar and salt.
- Beat on medium speed until smooth. Reduce the speed to low, add the egg yolks and vanilla and beat until blended.
- Add the flour and beat until incorporated and a smooth dough forms.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Roll out each portion into a log 7 inches long and about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap the logs in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Preheat an oven to 350°F
- Line 3 rimless baking sheets with parchment paper.Using a sharp knife, cut each unwrapped log crosswise into slices 1/4 inch thick.
- Place the cookies 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until the edges and bottoms are golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer them to wire racks and let cool completely.