Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Goes well with so many simple pie fillings.
- 50 vanilla wafer cookies (to yield about 1 1/2 cups crumbs)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Place the cookies in the container of a food processor; process them until they are finely ground.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crumbs, butter, salt, and vanilla; stir until the crumbs are moistened.
- Press mixture evenly across the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan and all the way up the sides of the pan, packing it tightly with you fingertips so it is even and compacted.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Let cool completely before filling it.
- **May be wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen for up to 1 month.