Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
There are recipes like this but none using vanilla wafers so thought I would post.After it is chilled each serving has sliced bananas on top if you prefer. I also use chopped pecans or chopped walnuts. This is an optional ingredient.
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- 3 cups vanilla wafers, coursly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flour or 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional) or 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 2 2⁄3 cups milk
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 3 -4 bananas (optional)
- In mixing bowl, mix margarine, vanilla wafers, flour, brown sugar, coconut and nuts.
- Preheat oven 350*.
- Press the wafer mixture down into 9/13 pan.Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes stirring every five minutes.Cool.Take out of pan and divide in half. You will use each half as a layer between pudding mixtures.
- In another mixing bowl mix pudding mixes,milk and whipped topping.
- Place half of the cooked wafer mixture in the 9X13 pan, press down.
- Spread the pudding mixture on top.
- Sprinkle the other half of wafer mixture on top.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- For each serving, sliced bananas on top.
- Note I use "I can Believe it is Butter"margarine spread #174536.