Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This interesting recipe is from Murrell's Inlet, SC from a cookbook published there in 1984 by the ladies of the Presbyterian Church.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 12 ounces vanilla wafers, crushed
- 7 ounces coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans
- Cream together the sugar and the butter.
- Add the eggs to the milk while stirring, one at a time.
- Combine the egg-milk mixture with the sugar-butter one.
- Add the crushed vanilla wafers and beat well.
- Add the vanilla, coconut, and pecans and mix together well.
- Pour mixture into a 9 inch X 13 inch pan and bake for one hour and 15 minutes in a preheated 350 degree F oven.
The cake was moist and had great flavor. The top was crusty and not attractive but icing took care of that. With the length of time listed to bake the bottom seemed a little dark and it tended to stick to the pan. The recipe didn't call for a greased pan but I used a release spray anyway. The cake was well received and I will most likely be making this again. It was a fun recipe to try for PAC