Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A different tasting cake for a change! Does not call for any icing, but would also be good with some type of white or cream cheese icing if you desire.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- 6 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- Cream sugar and margarine.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each.
- Stir in wafers, milk, and vanilla until blended.
- Fold in coconut and pecans.
- Bake in greased tube or bundt pan at 325 degrees for about 1 hour and 15 mins.
Now this cake turned out really good. I wasnt sure how it would be at first. It is a really moist cake. I will definitely make it again...my mom wants me to make it for turkey-day. A keeper:>)
Was going to add the recipe, but am reviewing instead this great "old" recipe rather than duplicate. I had forgotten how good and moist it is!
A colleague told me about this cake, but gave me the wrong recipe. I came here to look for the correct one. I've made it and it was DELICIOUS and easy. I'm making it again today for Thanks Giving.