- 40 vanilla wafer cookies (yield apprx. 1 1/4 cup crumbs)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Process cookies in food processor until finely ground.
- Combine crumbs, butter, salt, vanilla and almonds, stirring until crumbs are moistened.
- Press mixture evenly across 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake crust until crisp, about 7 minutes.
- Let cool completely before filling.
- Crust may also be wrapped tightly in plastic and frozen up to one month.