Recipe by Queen Dana
Yum! This was published in Midwest Living Jan/Feb 2009 issue. Tip: If you do not have vanilla vodka, substitute 1 cup regular vodka and 1 teaspoon vanilla. *****Garnish these with white or dark chocolate curls or shavings.
Top Review by Boomette
This is so yummy. I made it for 1 and got a nice martini just for me. I used irish cream. For the orange liqueur, I used Grand Marnier and 1/2 tablespoon to give more taste. I used vanilla vodka. Thanks Queen Dana :) Made for the Zwizzle Chicks of ZWT
- orange wedge
- vanilla sugar (recipe below) or granulated sugar
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 cup vanilla vodka
- 1⁄2 cup irish cream, whole milk, whipping cream, half-and-half or 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau liqueur, Grand Marnier, orange liqueur or 1 tablespoon orange juice
- thin orange slice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub the rim of four to six chilled martini glasses with a wedge of orange. Spread vanilla sugar onto a plater. Invert glasses into the sugar to coat rims. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker or container with tight-fitting lid, combine half of the ice cubes, half of the vanilla vodka, half of the Irish cream liqueur, and half of the Cointreau®. Cover and shake vigorously. Strain mixture into two or three of the martini glasses; discard ice cubes. Repeat with remaining ice cubes, vodka, liqueur, and Cointreau®. Strain into remaining martini glasses.
- Garnish drinks with orange slices and chocolate shavings, if you like. Makes 4 to 6 drinks.
- Vanilla Sugar: Fill a clean and sterilized 1-quart jar with 4 cups sugar. Using a sharp paring knife, slit one 4- to 6-inch vanilla bean lengthwise. Insert both halves into sugar, making sure all of the bean is covered with sugar. Secure lid and store in a cool dry place for 2 weeks before using. (Will keep indefinitely.) Makes 4 cups.