Prep 10 mins
Cook 672 hrs
A great homemade vanilla flavored vodka
- Split the vanilla pods lengthwise down the center to expose the seeds, keeping the ends of the beans intact.
- Place the beans with the vodka in a large jar with an airtight seal.
- Store in a dark, dry place for at least 4 weeks, shaking the jar several times each week.
- When ready, transfer the extract and the beans to a bottle.
- As you use the extract, top off with more vodka to replenish your supply. The beans will continue to impart flavor for many months.