Prep 0 mins
Cook 672 hrs
Herb Companion May 2005. This should be a no brainer but if you are like me and just hit the wrong key and sent this back a page and had to retype it.. Enjoy with grilled fruit and in dressings and sauces.
- 1 vanilla bean, cut into four pieces
- 1 pint rice wine vinegar
- Note: you can use other vinegars in place of the rice wine and if using rice wine, make it a good one.
- Clean and sterilize one pint sized glass jar with a fitting lid.
- Split open one vanilla bean length wise and then cut these lengths in half, resulting in four pieces.
- Put the pieces in the bottle. Using a funnel, pour vinegar into the bottle. Cap and shake for a minute or two. Label and date bottle. Shake twice a day for a week or two. You can use it after a week, but it is best after 3 or 4 weeks.