For the Jewish Betty Crocker in all of us, here’s a delectable Gluten-Free Passover Torte recipe from Elana's Pantry. http://www.elanaspantry.com/2008/04/11/passover-torte/
- In a medium bowl, combine flours and salt.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together eggs, agave and vanilla.
- Whisk flours into egg mixture until well blended.
- Line bottoms only of 3 nine inch cake pans with parchment paper.
- Divide cake batter evenly between pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven when cakes are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cakes for at least one hour.
- Run knife around cake to loosen from pan, remove from pan and peel off parchment.
- Place bottom layer on a cake plate and spread with jam.
- Add next layer of cake and spread with jam.
- Place top layer on cake and frost entire cake with chocolate frosting.