- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole blanched almonds or 2 cups natural almonds
- 1⁄4 cup turbinado sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 225°F Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the sugar, water, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and cook, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves, 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Add the almonds and stir to coat. Spread the almond mixture in a single layer onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool slightly and transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle with the turbinado sugar and toss to coat. Cool completely while stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container.